Any bears sited out in the ADK 46

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was in the dacks last weekend, I didn't see any but ran into someone who saw one in the panther gorge area i think he said , we stayed at 4 different spots with no sightings ---- yet.

Bears in the woods

No bears- They all went to Florida to work on their tans.;)

Last edited:
We saw one along the road just after leaving the Santanoni Range parking lot on Saturday. Looked like an very healthy adolescent.

DeadFred told me he saw a moose outside of Blue Ridge the week before.

when i did Haystack and Table Top i saw bear scat up pretty high on the trails, this was on the phelps trail.

on the way out i also noticed some on the Macy-Loj trail..

therea coming...

This may be a dumb question, but how does cooking before 5 pm help?

Hike with Dogs not Bears

Percious,

I had a similar experience.

The mutt and I hiked Marcy, Haystack in mid May. I stayed near JBL and at Slant Rock in mid May. Saw no poop, saw no bears. I heard a little rustling and grunting from behind the lean to in the direction of my food cache during the overnight at Slant Rock. Leo, the fearless wonder mutt, did a little growl-barking and the rustling stopped. I was too lasy to check it out. My poptarts were still there in the morning :)

My dog Jet ( the one in the front of the pic.)chased a rather large ( his butt was almost level to my chest) black bear from our daily walking area. I had to run for almost a mile through the woods after him till he let the bear off the hook. This was 3 days ago at 7a.m. on the ski slope just outside the town of Newcomb.

BTW, what is the estimated bear population of Adirondack state park. Is 6000 a good guess?