Southern Ossipees (NH) Traverse, 11/16/08

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice report

Great report Tony..

I was laughing the whole time....it is okay to be scared in the woods..and always best to have an escape route..one never knows what hazards will be encountered..man or beast...

just another in the length of reports here that showed how well our group meshed that day....

as for the stylish kilt..I have run into Emma and group before but usually in colder temps..there were pants involved..while i do know many who wear kilts I am never quite sure how to react..I guess I am with rocket..being uphill is a good thing..having some Scottish in me (the Tuckerman side) I appreciated the military bearing of it all however..very practical....

i thought Rocket was 16 the first time we met as well..

as for LRiz..just a beautiful hiker type young lady....keep smiling:)

by the looks of things Diane should be out there hiking as well...or was she helicoptered to that previous shot?

looking forward to your next TR..the Rookies are doing GREAT

NECN showed one of my pics from Black Snoot where we were looking over the Lake at the snow squalls..The Ossipees getting some publicity....

Last edited:
NECN showed one of my pics from Black Snoot where we were looking over the Lake at the snow squalls..The Ossipees getting some publicity....

Woah, woah, woah! When was this? Do they have it on their site?

by the looks of things Diane should be out there hiking as well...or was she helicoptered to that previous shot?

That was Mt Mansfield this past September. Rather than helicopter, we took the Hell Brook Trail up to the Long Trail. Quite the strenuous climb!

Thanks all for your kind comments.

Ah...the Zen of do-it-yourself fencing..ooohhmm...:)...maybe I can be persuaded, given the right type of vegan desert...and homebrew...still need to install one more gate here though, the freeze came before I could do that.

Okie dokie, I won't get my little pony this year...sigh...a lifetime of no ponies for Christmas....:rolleyes:

Tee hee..Mark....dogs are like kids, they are always more fun when they are someone else's!!!!

Terra time! :) That's cute.

Tobit, I know how you can get patches like these <wink>

I wish I had a pony like that.

Maybe for Christmas this year.....;)

una_dogger, The pony is one of dozens of wild ones encountered by my wife, daughter and me on the ranges around Mt Rogers in Virginia this October. I understand that the VA Parks Dep't rounds up several every year and auctions them off to control the population (and raise money for charity). They do the same thing on Chigoteague (SP?) Island on the Eastern shore of VA each June, I believe.
Maybe next year! :D

una_dogger, The pony is one of dozens of wild ones encountered by my wife, daughter and me on the ranges around Mt Rogers in Virginia this October. I understand that the VA Parks Dep't rounds up several every year and auctions them off to control the population (and raise money for charity). They do the same thing on Chigoteague (SP?) Island on the Eastern shore of VA each June, I believe.
Maybe next year! :D

Yup! :)Recognize the breed...my family spent many a summer on Assateaugue Island, Maryland -- where the ponies have more land and are protected -- the Virginia end is a state park -- and they have to control herd size. Plus, I read your profile. :p

That and, I read all the "Misty of Chincoteague" books as a young girl....that's where my obsession with ponies began......