Grafton Loop Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle

Reaction score
Hiked the first half of the Grafton Loop Trail over the weekend. 21.1 miles over Puzzle Mtn, Long Mtn, Lightening Ledge and up onto the Baldpates. (2nd half isn't cut yet)

Only saw 1 person on the whole trail! Quite a few more ups and downs than you would think........by just looking at the terrain from the road or map.

Thought we'd see more wildlife than the one turkey sprinting through the woods, but maybe next time! I have pictures and will post them soon. Water was plentiful, all campsites are near a river. Views from Puzzle Mtn. are worth the hike alone, very impressive.

Came up with the idea to hike this trail this weekend.........and silly me, I'd thought it would be a nice hike ON the trail, guess I thought wrong.......soon enough post'rboy was finding all kinds of little bushwacks to hike off the trail! I made it to the real summit of Long, but that was the only one!

We were out of the woods by noon and the Sunday River Brewery was open! Good weekend!