backpacking in the ossippe mts.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE WINTER WONDERER

Reaction score
just curious is there any possible winter backpacking in the ossippe mts. I keep hearing about them and would like to pay a visit in the near future I am an avid winter backpacker and rarely get out on day trips. I like to do loop type hikes when possible. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

The LRCT = Lakes Region Conservation Trust. They own much of the western and northern Ossipees and have a dawn to dusk policy.

Of course, one doesn't have to travel too far east of Mt. Shaw, for instance to leave the LRCT property. There are various old shelters sprinkled throughout the range on private property.

"Quite frankly, I think peakbagging is a waste of time. Eating, now that's a hobby." - Winston Churchill

This is more bogus, far, than that Ben Franklin "two wolves and a sheep have lunch" wheeze you took a few people in with last month. Does Weekly World News have a website you filch these from?

just curious is there any possible winter backpacking in the ossippe mts.
The Lakes Region Conservation Trust as mentioned owns much of the property and does not allow camping or night hiking. The rest is owned by other private landowners who may allow camping if you ask them. There are no official campsites.

The same is true in the Belknaps with the addition of state forest land that also forbids camping, not that it stops people from camping or even building cabins :)