Need some help to peak bag this winter

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donna

Reaction score
Okay, if anyone decides to hike these peaks this winter, can you invite me to tag along? I don't like hiking solo in winter...I promise to be a very good girl. :D

ME: S.Horn (Bigelow), Elephant, Crockers, Old Speck, Baldpate, Goose Eye,
NH: Sandwich, Weeks, Vose Spur, NE Cannon Balls, Jefferson, West Bond

ME: Crockers

I need to bag these as well. Given that my partner from last year moved to California, I'm stuck depending on others to go with me as well. I hope to get at least my last 6 peaks in Maine this winter, Crockers being 2 of them. :)

I’m just down the road from Sandwich so that is an easy choice. I need Carrigain so a jaunt over to Vose Spur might be in order. I plan to do Madison, Adams and Jefferson hopefully as an overnight to Crag Camp during the week between Christmas and New Years, and the Bonds will be an overnight to Zealand hut and out via the Wilderness Trail sometime this winter. I will keep you posted.

I knew I'd have fun with this post. I love having so many friends. I'm feeling real good today.

Thanks everyone.

P.S. Steve-o, you can always be the boss of me.;)

donna - keep me in the loop if you could, I could be up for some of these if the dates work for me. :D

jefferson would be fun in combo with a grey knob night with the usual suspects.

overnight bonds traverse would be fun too with the right people.

I promise to be a bad boy from start to finish.

Last edited:
Hey Donna! Don't you have any Dacks peaks on your list? You could tag along in front of me on the bushwhacks, breaking trail, knocking the snow off the trees and reading the map. :D

And, I'll let you buy the beer afterwards.

Hey Donna! Don't you have any Dacks peaks on your list? You could tag along in front of me on the bushwhacks, breaking trail, knocking the snow off the trees and reading the map. :D

And, I'll let you buy the beer afterwards.

As a matter of fact Neil, I only have 13 Dacks peaks, so beware, I'll be looking for you and other NY friends soon.:p

As a matter of fact Neil, I only have 13 Dacks peaks, so beware, I'll be looking for you and other NY friends soon.:p
Actually, I think 13 is plenty of peaks. Why would anyone want more than that?

I can't read a map all that good but I have plenty of flagging.:p Maine is the one North of Vermont right? Or is that the abbreviation for Maintreal where Neil and Pete Hickey types live?:confused: Oh, an Neil there is more than 13 peaks in NY. Your forgetting the Catskills...

Baldpate

I'm co-leading an AMC hike to Baldpate on 2/28.... if it's not on outdoors.org now, it will be soon. Or PM me.