Sandwich, anyone? (12/6)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha,
good career choice!
unfortunately i will not be leaving vermont this weekend, well maybee fortunately for me.
anyway have a good hike, supposed to be good and cold this weekend.

Update

Sandwich Mountain Trail, tag Jenning's Peak, Sandwich Mountain, and down Drake's Brook.

bikehikeskifish and I will start walking at 8:15. Trail conditions permitting,we'll hopefully finish on the early side of 2:00-3:00 p.m.

Sandwiches negotiable.

I was tempted, but I haven't actually summited a 4K since August :eek: and I gotta get ready for "the season" so I think I'm gonna hit either Moriah or Hale tomorrow. I'm leaning toward Moriah, but tonight IS Friday night so all bets are off! :D

Uuhhh, Sandwich is only 7 feet shy of a 4Ker (or 20, depending on who you ask) How's that not a training hike?? :)

Sabrina: Rebecca and I both need to be back in town in time to shower and head out to parties. How about you sleep in the back of my car on the way up? Deal? Deal?

Oh tempting offer!

Well -- I think I should stick to my plan of getting the house ready for our first Christmas in it -- I've changed my plans so many times about this weekend --maybe I should stick with these!

Have a GREAT time on your hike AND at your party!
:)

Sandwich Mountain

My wife and I did Drakes up and Sandwich down last Sunday. We used Stabilicers almost the entire trip. Drakes Br. was high which is why we went up D.B. trail and down S.M. trail. At the crossing we bushwacked toward the road and crossed at a wide part, getting out feet in the water but it didn't matter because we were near the car. We only went as far as Jennings Peak because that's where the views are. The best views of the Prezis are coming down from Noone Peak where you can see up thru the notch between Mt. Kanc. and Osceola. About a foot or so of hard snow at the top. RT 5 hours.