Updated edition of Ray Jardin's, 'Beyond Backpacking'

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hikingmaineac

Reaction score
Taken from http://www.rayjardine.com/news/index.htm :

We plan to start taking pre-orders for the new book Dec 10. The book is scheduled to arrive at our warehouse Dec 19, give or take a few days, or more. And as soon as it does arrive we will start shipping right away.

Whoo hoo! The 'original' (actually an update of his book on doing the PCT) book Beyond Backpacking changed my perspective and approach to hiking and backpacking. Although I have not yet fully adopted all of his views, many of his philosophies concerning nutrition and gear weight have helped me to enjoy hiking even more than I always have.

Although Beyond Backpacking has been out of print for some time, I was fortunate enough to pick one up 'by accident' at my local library - and have wanted a copy of my own since. (Side note: I still wouldn't mind buying one if anyone has a copy for less than $20.)

So... Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked that for the new edition and will definitely be pre-ordering myself a copy (or convincing a certain someone to pre-order it for me for Christmas).