Welch & Dickey Loop, Dec 14

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjhbos

Reaction score
Dec, 14. Welch & Dickey Loop in counterclockwise direction i.e.: up Welch and down Dickey.

Trail Conditions: Trail was very icy, large sections of hard sheet icy, would definitely not attempt without traction devise, either crampons or micro spikes. The water crossing on the way up to Welch, a couple of minutes out of the parking lot, was difficult but manageable.

Comments: Just read Silver Fox trail conditions report. I arrived at the parking lot about 10.30am and there were five other people in three hiking group and they all were about to leave. The conditions on the trial up Welch were a bit more tricky than Dickey, so for if you are doing the loop I would recommend Welch first. One couple headed up that way but came back after a few minutes and went up Dickey as they did not feel comfortable with the water crossing. Two of the people that had just left, Jimmy and Mike, were at the water crossing and we ended up doing the loop together. We saw no one else on the mountian after the parking lot. Weather was great and good views from the summits.

Steve

Last edited: