Mt. Roberts, NH, 12/13/08

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket21

Reaction score
I don't normally post trip reports in the forums, but I thought the scenery on Mt. Roberts Saturday was tremendous (Sunday on Mt. Shaw/Black Snoot/Big Ball Mountain was a close second):

mtrobertstrail-2008-1213a.jpg

The Mt. Roberts Trail

mtrobertssummit-2008-1213a.jpg

(L to R) Mt. Passaconaway, Black Snout, Mt. Washington, Mt. Chocorua from the Mt. Roberts summit

mtrobertstrail-2008-1213c.jpg

The last traces of the sunset while walking back to the hiker parking lot

Not much can beat Kearsarge North on a nice day. Having hiked it on a nice morning, Mt. Roberts a few hours later definitely beat it.

Love your sunset photo!

Got nearly identical photos as your first 2 shots, but they were taken in early Autumn. Same place, but oh so different now!
And not to get overly sentimental, but this brings to mind that quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson which goes something like:

“To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before and which shall never be seen again.”

Nice pics showing the ice and crisp air. The silouetted maple at sunset is very nice as well. That's a nice hike! :)

Ralph Waldo Emerson:

“To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before and which shall never be seen again.”

(A little weepily): That's beautiful, man. Thanks for remembering that.

Great shots, rocket21! You've been providing some tremendous material this year! The Ossipees are one of the coolest-looking formations in the Whites, and the Google maps shots have had me intrigued. It's adding a dimension to get that on-the-ground perspective. Looks like I'll add "Mount Roberts" to the list, either just before, or just after, Kearsarge North. Thanks for the beta, and nice sunset shot!