Moderate snows for Whites 12/16 - 12/17

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrewKnight

Reaction score
Not intending to fire the "doom flares" -- but I personally was surprised at the change in the forecast between yesterday AM (when it was cooling off with possible snow-showers off and on throughout week) to this morning (1-3" Tuesday night, with 4-6" more tomorrow in the southern Whites). If you're traveling or hiking, plan and pack accordingly.

For the snow-lovers among us, this has some entertainment value:

http://www.grib2.com/wrf/N-EAST_WRF_SFC_ACCUM-SNOWFALL_48HR.gif

This one is just the beggining, we are in a very active pattern, with a storm every 2 days or so. On Friday there another possible storm, then Sunday is a coastal storm, which if stayed the way it currently is showing, would be 6-12, if not more. Then ironically there is a storm on Wednesday and snow into Christmas, with very cold air coming in. This is all due to the influx of storms off the pacific ocean right now. Some of the mountains outside Los Angeles have had over 5 feet of snow, which is the same storm that is snowing right now. Winter is here to stay. -Mattl

Last edited:
I've heard the same...the snow's picked up here in the northern Lakes Region a little bit in the last few hours.

A few inches (about ) on the ground right now in Thornton, snow continuing. Canceled trip to Concord, this stuff is fun to play in, not drive on :eek:

May go snowshoeing locally (no drive) later today.

My wife reported 4-5" of fresh powder in Waterville Valley at 8am. The radar looks like it will continue for several more hours, so another couple inches seem likely.

I think I will be glad I went with the "seasonal plow" not the "per storm plow".

Saturday...

looks like the day to make a journey up to NH, between storms. I had planned to go up today, but decided against driving in these conditions, all the way up from Boston.

Looks like a snowy winter, which is nice.

Thanks for all the weather conditions/updates. It really helps to have your local eyes out for those of us who live out of the immediate area...