Obstructed Views from the Top

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you deal with VFTT viewing at work?

• I am unemployed. I got canned because I surfed the Internet for 8 hours per day.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I work alone. There’s no one here to catch me misusing company time.

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • I’m a stay at home Mom/Dad. The kid doesn’t suspect a thing.

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • I enjoy VFTT in plain sight. Let ‘em fire me- I’ll be able to go on a long hike.

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • I hide my VFTT in a discreet location on my computer.

Votes: 14 29.2%

• Total voters

wardsgirl

Reaction score
We all love reading posts on VFTT, but sometimes it gets in the way of all the pesky work we get paid to do. How do you deal with a suspicious boss or nosy co-workers who hang around your office or want to access your computer? Do you worry that they might catch on to your VFTT habit?

I’m fairly discreet in my viewing of VFTT and RoT threads without worrying too much. It is the occasional naughty photo that someone sends me that I have to be extra careful while viewing at work, unless it is sent by my boss.;)

Last edited:
No, I don't worry about it at all. They're too busy watching clips of Jon Stewart and playing computer solitaire to notice :D:D:D.

I'm retired and spend far less time at a desk so far less time surfing, more time hiking.

I'm not the boss but I have my own office. I only go on VFTT sparingly; or on any other website for that matter. Because I work in the I.T. profession it is quite easy to jump out of a program for a minute or two and do a quick read or post on VFTT then jump right back into my Visual Studio (or whatever else I'm using) and get back to coding.

Bottom line, I tend to be anti-social and avoid going on breaks or lunch with co-workers. Therefore, I don't see what I am doing as anything worse than a certain co-worker of mine who spends 99% of her day socializing in the hall.

I'm IT, I must have access to information at a moments notice.

Actually, I do see managements point of view, but when there isn't any work to do, it just takes the place of solitaire.
Though, a little internet viewing bearly makes up for the fact that not too many people get fringe benefits on the job.

DaveG.

Last edited:
Without the distractions, I couldn't focus.

Call it ADD, but it works for me.

Most of my time is my own. I consult and bill by the hour, I teach some college courses and am either in class or preparing on my own schedule. My third job - and I am there now - is one where I deal with emergencies and when there is nothing to do, I can surf openly. The flip side, is things can get so frantic I can work a whole shift without a chance to catch my breath.

Last edited:
I work in the IT department and configure the Internet Server:D.
So who's going to catch me;).
Seriously, my boss knows I only do it during my luch and coffe breaks.