Garfield Road parking closed

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder what happened to the 8x8 sign B&G reported?

Seems odd. The Trail Conditions report that Mohamed linked too indicated a trip report with more info, but we don't see it.

The sign was fairly sturdy and surviced the high winds up until last weekend, so hard to believe it could have been knocked over. Ditto on signs warning about the bridges being out - they have been up since the flooding that caused the damage.

The big honkin' sign was there this past Sunday, but I have a funny feeling it was at the south/west end of the loop road, not at 5 Corners, where snowmobilers were parked and loading/unloading.

And I think there's some confusion here, too, because the conditions report Mohammed linked to is titled "from 5 corners" but then states they went in "on the south road from Rte 3" ???

Not to add to the confusion , but isn't " 5 corners " considered the south end of the loop road ? I always called it the west end but I think I was wrong .

Dave

Not to add to the confusion , but isn't " 5 corners " considered the south end of the loop road ? I always called it the west end but I think I was wrong .
No.

Five Corners is the junction of Rte 3 and Trudeau Rd. as shown in the map posted by bobandgeri. The north end (ie east, follows the North Branch of the Gale River) of the loop road comes out here.

Doug

Last edited: