You're not dead until you're warm and dead

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really tired of reading depressing stories, this one is the complete opposite! Good for her and her family.

As someone that has had hypothermia... Congrats to this lady! The thread title though reminds of that the Robert Service poem about Sam McGee!

The thread title though reminds of that the Robert Service poem about Sam McGee!

The Cremation of Sam McGee is too long to reprise here, but there's room for the penultimate verse:

And there sat Sam, looking cool and calm, in the heart
of the furnace roar;
And he wore a smile you could see a mile, and he said:
"Please close that door.
It's fine in here, but I greatly fear you'll let in the cold
and storm --
Since I left Plumtree, down in Tennessee, it's the first
time I've been warm."

Any of the doctors check her Blood Glogg Level ? She may be on to something with the sandpaper. Great that the EMTs and Drs knew how to treat it properly. Good story.

Any of the doctors check her Blood Glogg Level ? She may be on to something with the sandpaper. Great that the EMTs and Drs knew how to treat it properly. Good story.

I heard this story on NPR last night on my drive home. Friggin' amazing!

My sister-in-law is 2nd generation American from strong Swedish stock and glogg is one of her fave drinks, for obvious reasons. I never really warmed up to the taste, but if it acts as a biological antifreeze, I might have to put some in my Nalgene bottles for the next trip to the ADKs/Whites! ;)