Flume Slide

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveSunRa

Reaction score
I took on the Flume Side Solo Saturday. However, I did not make Mount Flume summit. Was Breaking trail as soon as I left the Liberty Spring Trail. Mostly breaking trail was no problem until about a half mile short of the Slide. At 3300 feet needed crampons and ice tools to get over 3 ice bulges the size of SUV. Then at 3700 hit a wall snow that I just could not penetrate. After 40 minutes only traveled maybe 20 feet. Realizing that I wasn't going to Summit, just put on my shell pants and slid down. Great Day, lots of fun.

Last edited:
good thing i chose to do liberty springs instead of my planned flume slide hike on sunday.. i didn't have my ice tools with me and i had my pack at ~35lbs for training weight.

but your TR makes me want to drop pack, grab my tools and get out there weekend after next. woot.

I was a little disappointed that the Flume trip was cancelled on Sunday due to weather. Maybe after the Twins on Saturday B&G and I can reschedule.

good thing i chose to do liberty springs instead of my planned flume slide hike on sunday.. i didn't have my ice tools with me and i had my pack at ~35lbs for training weight.

but your TR makes me want to drop pack, grab my tools and get out there weekend after next. woot.

What are you training for a walk in the park???? Come on load that thing up!!!! :D :p

What are you training for a walk in the park???? Come on load that thing up!!!! :D :p
Haha! Hey! Gimmie a break! 10 more pounds added each month. You wanna break my back! :p

make that 40.. i just weighed it. ;)

Last edited: