East Kennebago beta?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael

Reaction score
Hi folks,
has anyone been up in the Rangley - Stratton area lately?
Considering an East Kennebago jaunt next Sunday.

Sometimes the road she be open. Sometimes she be closed.

Haven't seen any chatter about that peak here in the forums.

Can I get a witness?

The road heading in from the Landing was plowed in late December, but we did not drive up the road, as we did not hike EK. It's a pretty easy ski in from Route 16 to the Summer parking lot, if the road isn't plowed. You might need to shovel out a parking spot on Route 16.

I plan on doing E Kennebago this Sunday.

I'll let you know what I find, unless you want to head up a week early!?:D

Rats!

Dang it, man!

I'll have to pass on that offer Kurt. I certainly would enjoy another opportunity to get out with you soon though, so will take a rain check.

Nice trunk btw!

Have my twins down this weekend. Alas, the hiking bug has yet to settle in with my teenage girls. Pretty much have to drag them kicking and screamin' from their Facebooks. They thought that hiking Baxter a couple summers ago meant they wouldn't ever have to hike again! :rolleyes: Silly girls!
Anyway their lack of enthusiasm is a bit of a barrier right now - bet there are one or two folks out here that could relate?
Another thread entirely, I'm sure ;)

But Kurt, if by any chance you bail on this Sunday and go with a plan B, do let me know.

SLB - you are right on about the landing situation and the ski-in. Thanks for your comments.

Whack on!

The road from the Summer parking lot was snowmobiled approx 1/2 way to the yellow boundary line. Not having been up there since June of '05 I had a hard time finding the turn off that leads to the summer parking lot. A short 'whack from the main ITS snowmobile trail put me on it though.
Breaking trail up the yellow boundary line and on to the summit was slow. Lot's of deep unconsolidated powder.
The register that Spencer left is still in great shape. The last sign in was from October.
4 hrs from Rt 16 to summit, 2hr 20 min back.

Good show, man!

alas, whatever tracks you made will be long gone by tomorrow night I suspect.
but then again, it is supposed to be a 'whack and so I never really count on following another's footsteps.

Cheers!

Well broken trail Kurt. Made my day today much easier (and shorter). A very rude moose obliterated your track though; nearly all the way to the summit!

Maybe he'll break it out again for Micheal??

there is hope

Thanks for thinking of me Carl!
This latest storm did not bring as much snow down my way as predicted.
I see Eustis received 14" or so.

I'm secretly hoping that there will be a trace of yours and Kurt's route left come Sunday.