Dial/ Nippletop

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivet

Reaction score
The thread on Round Pound/Noonmark got me thinking on a route to Dial & Nippletop that would avoid AMR property (thus allowing me to bring my dog).

Starting at Round Pond (Rte 73) to intersection. Continue on Dix trail to somewhere near Dial pond. Bushwack west maybe following Gravestone Brook to the ridge at a point near col between Dial and Bear Den. Continue along trail to Dial and Nippletop. Return via same route.

Anybody have any ideas on this bushwack route? Open woods? Any caveats? A better route perhaps?

Any response is appreciated (except sermons on hiking with dogs).

It's been a few years but you've got it right. Gravestone Brook is the bushwhack. This was an easy route to follow then and it probably still is. Comments from any others?

I have taken a "bushwack" route up the ridge just south of the Gravestone Brook. It was open woods when I first took it 20 years ago, and I understand that it still is. I plan on doing it again (hopefully this year) with my dog.

I left the Dix trail at Dial Pond, and followed the ridge up. It was easy going. When descending, watch for the cliffs to the SE, but you have times when you can get compass bearings on Noonmark to confirm your progress.

Let us know how your trip goes.
Bob Brainard