ATTN: All Catskill hikers..

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This survey seems very important for anyone who plans to hike in NY/NJ. I'm trying to put together an April AT hike and I just filled it out. The NY/NJ TC suggest that the survey gets passed on to other hikers. Perhaps it should go into the General Backcountry forum so that more people with hiking and map interaction can respond?

Except it's for the upcoming digital catskills map which the AT doesn't even go through... The NYNJ TC does oversee parts of the AT territory through NJ and NY but the mapset this questionaire deals with is the catskills.

Well, on second thought, there are some general map questions there but a lot of the questions deal with maps #41, 42, 43, etc which are from the Catskill's mapset that they publish...

Jay

Thanks!

Thanks for posting this. I took the survey earlier today. Since I also use AMC maps and others it was interesting to note the differences in each map set.

Yes, Jay, that's what I thought. I made it clear in my response that I have never hiked in the Catskills or used their maps, but that I was an experienced hiker and geographer.

And ditto what Aesop74 just said about other maps!

I'm excited to see the new map set for the Catskills! Soon it will be time to pour over maps with GPS'ed trails and shaded contours! *drool*