Center Sandwich Beverage night

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinooktrail

Reaction score
Ok, it is about time that we had a showing of the VFTTers in the greater Sandwich, Tamworth, Wonalancet, Chocorua, Madison, Freedom etc... area.

I was thinking that Friday February 20th at the Corner House, upstairs in the Pub would be a great place and time to gather. That way anyone heading up to this beautiful area could join in if thay wanted.

The Corner House Pub is a funky place, fireplace, couches, great food from the pub or the restaurant menu, excellent choice of beverages and the best beer battered french fries this side of Idaho. (trust me, I am a french fry conniseaur)

There may even be some live entertainment... apart from the VFTTers that is. ;)

If you have never been there, you really should try it. If you have been there, well, you know what I am talking about.

It is on the corner of (no really, I wonder how they got the name??) Routes 113 and 109. Across the street from the original League of New Hampshire Craftsmen.

I will be there after 5:30 or so.

We could even turn this into a jaunt to the Sandwich Creamery after, but that will be a whole differnt thread...

:rolleyes:

Hope you all can make it!

:)

Great idea and nice spot for we..just south of the mountains..dwellers..

Sadly I'll be downcountry that weekend but maybe this will be the first in a series of Corner house evenings and I 'll catch the next one..

great fries indeed...and if fish n chips your deal this is the place....

Chinook, as you know, I'm so darn anti-social so either I will send Atticus in my place or else I will go...but only if no one else shows up.

Well gosh Tom, I certainly hope Atticus can come if his new movie star status doesn't interfere. I hope the paparazzi isn't too troubeling for him.

:cool:

Great idea and nice spot for we..just south of the mountains..dwellers..

Sadly I'll be downcountry that weekend but maybe this will be the first in a series of Corner house evenings and I 'll catch the next one.

Ditto in every respect, including being elsewhere next weekend. I have driven by this place but had known nothing about it until Chinooktrail's recent praise. As for live entertainment, I hear that, after a few pops, rocket21 takes his Cosby imitation to a whole 'nother level.

Just don't leave any yellow snow in the parking lot or on the various trails back to tamworth...

so tacky...

Don't worry, we'll use the local hardware store parking lot for snowbank drawing :)

I have a Tin Mountain program to host that night after working all day at a Winter Camp session. Bummer. :(

We're going to try and stop in on our way to Twin. June loves fries also and she's never had beer battered fries!

We're going to try and stop in on our way to Twin. June loves fries also and she's never had beer battered fries!

When do you think you guys will be stopping by?

Rocket-
We'll probably get there around 6'ish or so. Hope to see you there.
J&J

A surprise guest? Whoo Hoo!

J & J, I hope you can make it, it would be nice to finally meet up with the two of you, I've heard a lot about your great potlucks! :)

Rocket 21, we've probably drive by each other 100's of times, being neighbors and all, will be nice to finally meet you.

Steve-o, hope yuou can make it, the fries make it all worth while... :rolleyes:

Amicus, SF, Chris and UB, sorry you can't make it, you will have to try the Corner House sometime though, great place, great service and great food and beverages! The pub is really cozy and comfortable.

I hope this will be the first of many VFTT nights here!

;)

A surprise guest? Whoo Hoo!

J & J, I hope you can make it, it would be nice to finally meet up with the two of you, I've heard a lot about your great potlucks! :)

Rocket 21, we've probably drive by each other 100's of times, being neighbors and all, will be nice to finally meet you.

Steve-o, hope yuou can make it, the fries make it all worth while... :rolleyes:

Amicus, SF, Chris and UB, sorry you can't make it, you will have to try the Corner House sometime though, great place, great service and great food and beverages! The pub is really cozy and comfortable.

I hope this will be the first of many VFTT nights here!

;)

Looking forward to it! I don't intend to stay too late, but I certainly want to be there to see all of the celebrities!

****bump****

:)

Still wondering who the celebrity could end up being...

Love the anticipation!

;)

It could be a fun night! I won't be staying too late, however, as I want to get home in time for Walker, Texas Ranger. I do hope to be there long enough to see J&J again!