Hiking up Mt. Cardigan to high cabin on NHPTV

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinmac

Reaction score
Interesting that this show runs right after the recent rescue up there....

http://www.nhptv.org/schedule/summary.aspx?progId=186457&progTimeAir=2/22/2009 12:30:00 PM

WINDOWS TO THE WILD
hiking up cardigan to high cabin
Airing 2/22/2009 @ 12:30 PM

High Cabin, a two-mile hike up Mt. Cardigan, is a popular rustic retreat for backcountry enthusiasts who are looking for a secluded escape with breathtaking scenery. Host Willem Lange explores the trails and state forest of Mt. Cardigan.

Episode: 413 hiking up cardigan to high cabin
Program Length: 25 Minutes 46 Seconds
Educational Recording Rights: Fair Use Rights, 10 consecutive school days from taping.
Program Genre: sc - science/nature

Rebroadcast times for this episode on NHPTV:
Thu, Feb 26 @ 5:30 A.M.
Thu, Feb 26 @ 12:00 P.M.
Fri, Feb 27 @ 1:00 A.M.

Note the next show about Moose when you go to the page

Thanks, Kevinmac.

Saw the show and enjoyed seeing the High Hut, etc.

An interesting side note, perhaps: part of the show involved a worried host wondering why his wife -- who was hiking to the High Hut separately from the film crew group -- had not yet arrived at the hut by the time the rest of the group did. The host was concerned that she was lost.

She'd taken a different trail (the Holt) from the rest and decided to turn back before the ledge scrambles. So, she finally showed up at the High Hut but about five to ten minutes of the program was taken up with this sidebar.

I too found this interesting given the thread on the mother and her two children getting lost. Even experienced people take the wrong trail sometimes.

Not to quibble, but in this particular case she was informed by others on the trail that it was a difficult climb and she should turn around, which she did. If she had continued, the outcome might have been different. I’m not making a judgment on either of the two cases; I just found the juxtaposition interesting.