Canadian Rockies - What to do when not hiking?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady&theTramper

Reaction score
We are going on an AMC trip this summer to the Canadian Rockies with families. We have read the guide books and searched on-line for things to do when we are not hiking and have found many activities, but would love feedback from someone who has been to Banff National Park. We will be staying 4-nights in Banff and 4-nights in Lake Louise at the hostels. There is one toddler, kids from 7-13, parents and even a couple of grandparents. In Banff we plan to take the gondola up to Sulphur Mtn, perhaps do a boat ride or river float, and there are a few museums. In Lake Louise we plan to do the gondola too and the tea house. Has anyone been there with their family?
Happy Trails,
Heather & Steve ;)

I go to Banff every few months to visit friends......Just got back Tues night.

What time of year are you going???

There are some wonderfull things that are fun to do around Banff & Lake Louise.

Banff has some nice trails right in town for walking to some hoodoo's that is fun and easy for all ages. Also a walk along the Bow River and down to the falls which are spectacular. An easy hike is up Tunnel Mtn in town that has amazing views in all directions and any age can hike it. A bike ride down to Vermillion Lakes or walk, or car drive. If you are driving...a drive along rte 1 to see wildlife and Mtn views. Stop at Johnson Canyon and walk along the walkway out to the inkpots and waterfalls is a greta walk with kids...ice cream on the hike out at the little store is required!! :p

Lake louise is a great walk along the Lake, or rent canoe and go out on it is fun. The hike up to the Tea houses can be a ways for little ones, but if you take your time and watch for the donkey poops! :eek:

All depends on what you enjoy and want to see. Hate to have you just driving...love to see people get out and enjoy the fresh crisp air and scenery.

I can give you more info..depends on when and etc...??? Ask away!

Darl58:rolleyes:

I go to Banff every few months to visit friends......Just got back Tues night.
Braggart!:D

Heather and Steve ... pm Darren and he'll give you (and maybe the rest of us) the date of Gathering 10.0 ... I think it's about the same time as the AMC trip you mentioned.

Hey moderators ... hint ... hint ... hint.