Log Cabins History

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anymore suggestions ?

"We Took to the Woods," Louise Dickinson Rich

http://www.amazon.com/We-Took-Woods-Louise-Rich/dp/0892720166
Saw it here first, passing it back on.

See also

"Penobscot man; the life history of a forest tribe in Maine," Speck, Frank Gouldsmith,​

"The Road Through Sandwich Notch," Yates, Elizabeth​

and

"Genius and lust : a journey through the major writings of Henry Miller" [compiled] by Norman Mailer.​

That last one isn't really about the backcountry in general, but you started this.

Last,

--M.

or try:

The log cabin in America; from pioneer days to the present
Weslager, C. A. (Clinton Alfred), 1909-1994
New Brunswick, N.J., Rutgers University Press [1969]
xxv, 382 p. illus., maps, ports. 25 cm.

or

The log cabin myth; a study of the early dwellings of the English colonists in North America,
Shurtleff, Harold R. (Harold Robert), 1883-1938.
Cambridge, Mass., Harvard University Press, 1939.
xxi, 243 p. front., illus., plates. 22 cm.

Last edited:
Sometimes it surprises me which fights have dogs in them and which ones don't. This board has usually avoided being a dullard on intellectual or literary topics, and yet I'm the most enthusiastic contributor an OP can find? I don't always get it, here.

Would someone who knows from cabins and books (and books about cabins) please validate the board's existential value? Willard? Bueller? Anyone?

Thank you.

Jeez.

Hehe thanks for your help, I especially like that suggestion : The log cabin in America; from pioneer days to the present. Going to buy it pretty soon. The other, The log cabin myth is not on the cheap side :mad: