Moosilauke 3/13 or 3/15

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiny Mouse

Reaction score
I'd like to climb Moosilauke before winter expires. Right now thinking of giving it a go on Friday or Sunday. I'm busy at home with my family on Saturday, so I can't go then.

Glencliff Trail to Carriage Rd to summit and back. Moderate pace. Happy to go slow if that's more your speed.

Anyone interested in joining me?

There's a better than good chance I'll be doing this exact hike tomorrow (3/13). I'll know for sure when my alarm clock goes off at 3 AM and I decide whether I feel like doing the 4 hour drive. :p

Maybe I'll see you on the mountain. Weather looks good.

Hey Puma,

I hope you make it tomorrow and that you enjoy the day.

Work (my job), has interfered with homework (school) this week, so play (hiking) will need to wait. My day off on Friday will end up being spent studying and writing, instead of climbing Mt. Moosilauke. :(

But I still have high hopes for Sunday. :)

Spiny Mouse

Sunday

I am heading up to Lafayette Sunday, I know it is not Moosilauke, but urr welcome to join us.

Just walked back in the door. Great hike. Hit the trail at about 8 AM; was out and done about 1:15 PM. Went with crampons the whole way ... hard crusty snow. Snowshoes would have been about twice the effort for 90-percent of the hike. After the junction with the trail to South Peak, there was some significant moonscape drifting ... post holed a bit through here for a few tenths of a mile until the base of the summit push. Hard, hard ice for the last 300 or so feet in elevation up to the peak.

As far as I could tell, I was the first up the trail since last weekend. Good luck if you go on Sunday. :D

Did you use the Glencliff Trail to Carriage Road to summit? I have climbed Moosilauke a couple of times but not in winter and not on this trail. Might be doing this hike on Sunday.
Thanks , Steve

Did you use the Glencliff Trail to Carriage Road to summit? I have climbed Moosilauke a couple of times but not in winter and not on this trail. Might be doing this hike on Sunday.
Thanks , Steve

Yes, that's the way I went. My first time on this trail as well ... only other time I was up Moosilauke, it was in summer via the Beaver Brook Trail. Great mountain.