Brothers, Fort & Coe 3-6 to 8, 2009

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTNRUNR

Reaction score
Our Group stayed at the Hotel Terrace in Millinocket Thursday night where we had supper and breakfast(opens @ 6am) Friday morning.

Loaded up in 4 vehicles and headed out @ 7:08, drove 37 miles to parking spot @ 8:09. After loading the sleds we started in @ 8:49. The road in HAD NOT been snowmobiled:( The trench left by the sleds was over a foot deep! We made one wrong turn but soon corrected and arrived @ Camp Cozy @ 1:10(having traveled 6.6 miles), where Carl, Ross & I were staying. Damon, Marc, David, Fred, Meri & Van continued on 3 more miles to camp near the Marston Trailhead.

Friday night it rained pretty good for awhile with a bit of lightning thrown in for good measure...yikes!!!

Saturday morning we 3 left @ 6:06 and arrived @ thier campsite @ 7:16 to find they'd already started(darn ;)). We caught up shortly before treeline on North Brother. It was not cold at all and the skies started clearing up:) Summited NB where it was pretty windy but nice and noone needed face protection. David finished his W67 here:) On to Fort and had really good views! Most everyone found a favorite spruce trap on the way but not bad! Summited Fort(where I completed NEHH all season) and soon headed back over NB. Back @ jct Marston/Coe trails we took a break... Then on to SB and took another break back @ jct Coe trail. Way to Coe was a bit sketchy'r but not bad and arrived on Coe @ 3:52, where Carl & David completed WNEHH:D Finding our way to the top of the slide was again a bit sketchy. Once there we made our way down in the snow along the left side. Arrived back at Tent City @ 5:53, where any energy I had left disappeared! Took me 1:34(to go the last 3 miles) to complete the 18.3 mile slog back to Cozy in the moonlight! Thank God for a Cabin with a wood stove;)

Sunday it took us 2:50 to travel 6 miles to reach the vehicles...AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!! Hopefully some of the others might be able to provide a link to pics. Thanks to all the wonderful folks that shared this time, your all SIMPLY THE BEST;)

Last edited: