Congratulations to Spencer - Appie of the Year

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan

Reaction score
Spencer has been named an "Appie of the Year" for his volunteer work with the Maine Chapter of the AMC.

As co-chair of the Outings Committee, with Peter Broderick, they brought strong momentum to the committee by puttting on an excellent leader training, leading group trips (including a winter Baxter trip), starting a web based system of trip notices and inspiring other trip leaders to use it.

According to Laura Flight, Chapter Chair, they did this and more, "all, without babysitting from above."

Congratulations for the leadership and initiative.

Sorry if this is an embarassment, Spencer, but good works like this deserve wider recognition. Hopefully, it can be an inspiration to others, too.

Now ... how about a speech ...

Sorry if this is an embarassment, Spencer, but good works like this deserve wider recognition. Hopefully, it can be an inspiration to others, too.
Let me add to Spencer's embarrassment ... :eek:

I have know him for many years, and have no doubt that he is one of the nicest people I have had the good fortune to meet on these mountains. :)

WaaWhooo...

Let me add my congratulations also ;)

Thanks to you, and all the other behind the scenes helpers!, for all your fine work!!!

I'm sure you get a lot of satisfaction from it...sometimes more than others :D