Grid Finisher #9 - Dr. Dasypodidae

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations Dr. D!

Very nice to meet you, although quickly, April '06 just north of Mt. Bond. I was with the group from PSU that day, I was on my way back from West Bond with my buddy.

What an achievement! Geez, I gotta start keeping track of my Grid so in years to come I may be there.

Congratulations, Dr. D! Nice to finally meet you!

Thanks for posting photo link, John and June (it really is a pretty cool patch). I remember our meeting on our Bonds-Twins traverse a couple of years ago on the last day of April, TDawg; GHB, my hiking partner on that day, joined us on Moriah today. And, good finally meeting you Rocket21; my favorite Sox player was #9, so I am glad to have that number for the grid.

Congratulations! It's an awesome accomplishment, and now you'll also forever be the last of the single-digit finishers. ;)

A very hearty congratulations on your outstanding feat (feet)! :D

Last edited:
my favorite Sox player was #9, so I am glad to have that number for the grid.

Let me guess, when Dr. D was a youngster, he dreamed that one day he would be walking down the street and a father, walking with his son, would point to D and say, "Son, there goes the greatest gridder who ever lived." :)

Some photos:

moriah01.jpg

Quite a lot of people on hanging out at the lower ledges near the Stony Brook junction!

moriah02.jpg

What celebration is complete without bubbles?

moriah03.jpg

Dr. D getting ready to head out

moriah04.jpg

The obligatory DaveBear sighting photo! :)

12x48= 576!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek:

That's a ton of mountains! Congratulations to Dr. D, you're a heck of a hiker.

There is a reason only nine people have pulled this off......

Lots of perseverence it takes.......

009_422-029~Star-Wars-Yoda-Posters.jpg

Congrats on your finish Thom! I got busy shaking alot of hands with the group that was up there and never took a picture at the ledges. It was fun to share a brief moment of your day and help raise a toast with the gang back at the trailhead!;)

A link to my pics from the trip and catching up to the wild bunch!

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/571248351froesc

TrishandAlex, MichaelJ, Bikehikeskifish, una dogger, Feathered Hat, Maddy, sli74, rocket21, Mad Townie, Juniper, Woodscx, Jimmy Legs and Little D, Mats, Barkingcat, Dave Bear, et al.,

Many thanks for the kind words.

I made some calculations. The project took me 44 yrs, 189 days, 5 hrs, and 30 minutes. So, not counting extra peaks picked up along the way, that works out to 12.94 peaks per year. Not so hard to do, considering that some on this board have hiked more than that number of NH4s in one day. Or, to look at the project in another way, I averaged a little over 1 NH4 per month.

Reminder: free craft brews and appetizers as long as my $ points last at Woodstock Station, 3-5 pm (happy hour), Saturday, May 2nd. Hike something short that day on the Franconia side. :)

Wow, Dr. D., I had no idea!!
Geez, that's a lot of peaks and a lot of trails... so when did this start becoming a quest? Or maybe you just reached it by coincidence? :D