Pleasant Mountain and ridge trails, 04212009

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U

Unregistered

Pleasant Mountain, Bald Peak, Shawnee Peak

Date of Hike: 04/19/09

Participants: just me

Trail Conditions: Ledges Trail in great shape up to Pleasant Mountain peak, no snow. Fire Wardens Trail and Bald Peak Trail over to Bald Peak had some snow here and there, nothing major. North Ridge Trail down and around to Ski Lift had snow on the North side and with some postholing. Upper section of Sue's Way in rough shape with lots of blow downs, and sections of deep snow. Postholed up to the knees at some points. The rest of Sue's Way to Bald Peak Trail in good shape along with the rest of the Bald Peak Trail back down to Mountain Road. All stream crossings are doable.

Special Equipment: Gaiters still a good idea for snowy areas, poles for stability, sunscreen.

Comments: Didn't want to go far, but needed to get some views, so Pleasant Mountain was the only choice. Never did the ridge before, so decided to hike from Pleasant Mountain over to Shawnee peak. Real nice trail over the ridge. North side of mountain still has plenty of snow in the woods, but will probably take a hit with the oncoming rain this week. Beautiful day with unlimited visibility.

Pictures: picasawebdotgoogledotcom/mpetcher

Your name: Petch

Your Email Address: Mpetcheratfairchildsemi.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I would drape myself in velvet if it was socially acceptable", George Castanza

NH 4k's: 18/48