camping spot thats open

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
same here thats why im going down there but she will miss a few weekends being at my house..But yes we should plan a weekend with teh girls together too, great idea. lets throw some places around and decide .

Nothing in the catskills opens til the first weekend in May, but North/South lake would work out as they have trails right from the camp, a lake to swim in and not far from albany. However, I believe they are closed this weekend.

Jay

same here thats why im going down there but she will miss a few weekends being at my house..But yes we should plan a weekend with teh girls together too, great idea. lets throw some places around and decide .

Yes Rob I agree. That would be a great time! I even have a canoe. Put the girls in the middle and row around a pond or lake. MY daughter also loves fishing.

Nothing in the catskills opens til the first weekend in May, but North/South lake would work out as they have trails right from the camp, a lake to swim in and not far from albany. However, I believe they are closed this weekend.

Jay

Whats close with a lean-to Jay? thats fine too...doesnt have to be campground.

Adam, I think thats a great idea. Canoe to and island and camp...Cranberry?? saranac area??

Leantos

The Elm Ridge leanto is very northern catskills, a nice leanto and close to Windham High Peak.. I think there is water nearby, has an outhouse, pretty mild to get to from either Rt 23 or from Peck Road too..

Batavia Kill is another one by Blackhead, has a water source there, can be infested with Porkys...

Those are some of the closer to albany spots..

Huntersfield, not on the 3500 club has a lean to close to the summit, fairly quiet, not sure about water.. It's on the LP

Jay

The Elm Ridge leanto is very northern catskills, a nice leanto and close to Windham High Peak.. I think there is water nearby, has an outhouse, pretty mild to get to from either Rt 23 or from Peck Road too..

Batavia Kill is another one by Blackhead, has a water source there, can be infested with Porkys...

Those are some of the closer to albany spots..

Huntersfield, not on the 3500 club has a lean to close to the summit, fairly quiet, not sure about water.. It's on the LP

Jay

Can you PM me directions, i dont have any maps so i have no idea where these lean-tos are. thanks