Big Slide via yard

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U

Unregistered

Hiked Big Slide via Yard mt. original intent was saddleback then basin from the orebed trail. Stream crossing to difficult to get across stream after bridge crossing over John's Brook. Decided then to go and do Big Slide. From JBL my brother (Michael) and I went up over Yard which was in good shape very nice typical ADK trail the three R's rocks, roots and runoff. encountered very little ice and snow until after cresting. From there ice and snow spine at least half of the way till summit Big Slide, some post holes made by myself snowshoes not necessary some good views in that it was mostly cloudy at that time of day 2:30 pm on summit. Still occasional snow spine and ice past third brother on descent. Yak Trax helped out very well (also help keep my bottom of left boot on for remainder of day. The sun came out when we hit the second and first brother providing spectacular views as always that the brothers are known for. As always a great day in the DAX.

equipment: hiking poles, Yak Trax, shoe glue