Pemigewasset Wilderness Bridge Removal Project

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should be done about the suspension bridge about 5.5 miles in the Wilderness Tr.

• It is non-conforming in Wilderness and should be removed forthwith.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • It is historically significant and should be repaired in an historic manner regardless of cost.

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • It is a necessary component of the trail system and should be repaired as funds are available.

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • It is nice but should be removed if that is cheaper than repair.

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • What do I care, the Forest Service will do what is best.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I would prefer a gentler version of the first option:

"Since the bridge has become unsafe it should be removed from Wilderness"

I would prefer a gentler version of the first option:

"Since the bridge has become unsafe it should be removed from Wilderness"

It appears that I cannot edit the options, and anyway am hesitant to do so now that so many votes were cast. But it could have been enlightening to know how many people would want the bridge gone even if it was in perfect shape as compared to its present condition.

One thing about polls is absolutely certain - no matter how much thought and care you put into the options, there are only 10 choices and within an hour of posting, someone will want an 11th choice, or to change one of the n choices you allow. Therefore, it is always advisable to have an option for "other: please post a reply describing other". This may or may not work for or against your poll, of course ;)

Tim