Beat the thunderstorm back!!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouseking

Reaction score
That's what Mattl and I did this afternoon. There was hope that we would make it to Smith Pond in Enfield, NH today, but the hike was too spur of the moment, so we weren't able to make it all the way. Still, we discovered some new trails and I know Mattl will be checking them out more, esp since he will be living next to them. Pictures...

Local wildlife

Still completely sunny

Pretty much the turnaround point, we heard out first rumbles

Mascoma Lake

Smith Pond Brook

The clouds that seemed to be moving at like 60 mph...

Two min before it hit

After the storm...you can see Mascoma Lake a little bit, starting to get dark

Not a bad place to call home, I must say.

The storm brought down some trees, and dropped nickel sized hail across Lebanon, White River Junc, and Hanover. In our lo-cal, it was just a quick downburst of wind and heavy rain. Not too much lightning/thunder, despite hearing it nearly constant as we hiked down. Must have just missed the core of it...

Hope you like the pics!
http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/571914715Cadxkc

grouseking

Yup -- we got off Cardigan Mountain just a couple of hours before that storm hit. Nearby, at our house, it dumped some hail and serious rain with high winds -- for about five or six minutes. And then it moved on quickly. Freakish!

Yeah it was quite a storm. I just heard there was a confirmed tornado up in Washington VT that day. Conditions definitely "felt" weird that day. We're not used to having those tornado conditions up here. Glad you made it out in time.]

grouseking