Mt. Blue...Tumbledown?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hikes-with-him

Reaction score
Looking to take the kidos hiking this weekend. We would like to do Mt. Blue or Tumbledown.

Looking for snow/ice conditions on these two...anything left on the trails? The kids do NOT have footware that could handle snow/ice so we need either snow free or just about...with snow that could be detoured around.

I know that the Mt. Blue access road will be opened by Saturday...but, what about the one to Tumbledown?

Thanks for the info

i was very near those peaks last Saturday (on Saddleback 2590', near Wilton)--i bushwacked up the North side and there was no snow anywhere to be seen--i can't imagine that the road that runs past Tumbledown would be other than OK--it's much bigger/better/more used than the last stretch of road to Mt Blue

jim

Last edited:
i was very near those peaks last Saturday (on Saddleback 2590', near Wilton)--i bushwacked up the North side and there was no snow anywhere to be seen--i can't imagine that the road that runs past Tumbledown would be other than OK--it's much bigger/better/more used than the last stretch of road to Mt Blue

jim

No snow on Saddleback? We were there about two weeks ago...4 feet of snow above the campground..

or do you mean no snow to be seen on Mt. Blue?

no snow on north side of Saddleback 2590'(peak 2590 feet) which is about 8 miles NW of Jay on the road to Weld (and toward Tumbledown)--NOT Saddleback ski/AT mountain :)