Lost hiking Stick...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chinooktrail

Reaction score
After a wonderful weekend hanging out and hiking a tiny bit from Mizpah Hut I decided to hike out to the car over Jackson.

Well, ok, I took the wrong turn ar the Mizpah Cut Off... :eek:

Somewhere along all those amazing bog bridges I realized that Washington kept staying right behind me, and Jackson kept looming closer and closer directly in front of me. I stopped, set down my trusty and much loved and used hiking stick, and checked the map. Yup, wrong trail, but a great bonus of hiking Jackson without snow for the first time.

I put my pack back on and hit the trail.

It wasn't until I was almost back to route 302 when I saw another hiker, who had hiking poles, when I realized I had set down my stick and fogot to pick it back up.

This hiking stick means a great deal to me, it was hand made and given to me back in 1993 by a wonderful man as a going away gift for my move to Alaska. My friend has since passed on, making this hiking stick even more sentemental to me.

It is made from diamond willow, has a piece of rawhide for a hand loop, and has ' Christine '93 ' burned into it.

If I saw it on the trail, I would probably have brought it down and to the Highland Center Lost and Found. I will call there today to see if anyone did just that.

A sad ending to a wonderful weekend...

:(

Bummer, nothing was turned into the Highland Center.

I will take a ride up there today to see if someone left it at any of the trailheads.

If not it looks like I will be going for a little trail run after work on Wednesday...

Hope I can find it. I will be wicked mad at myself for losing it.

:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.