High Volatage Transmission Line Through Coos County

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Do any folks out there have any info on the possible routing of the North South High Voltage DC transmission corridor through Northern NH? I see in the local paper that it has received a key FERC permit and the current schedule is construction in 2011. This project has been "under the radar" for awhile and I would be curious of its route through Coos County as it will have far more impact than any wind project or local development.

There is already a high voltage DC line that runs through VT North South, but I expect that politically its easier to get the new line to run down through NH.

As its running through Coos County I would speculate that its probably will be running down on the west side of the state due to the WMNF but would be curious if anyone has seen an alignment yet.

As its running through Coos County I would speculate that its probably will be running down on the west side of the state due to the WMNF but would be curious if anyone has seen an alignment yet.
there's one already that runs through Monroe by Comerford Dam; my guess is that it would connect up to there. (there's a huge yard of high-voltage DC apparatus!)