Early June snow thread?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouseking

Reaction score
Yeah...if anyone sees some new snow on the mtn tops, or even better, down in the valleys, post them here. A really strong front is moving thru now, and rain has changed to snow showers up in Saranac Lake, NY. Makes me wonder if places like Berlin and Whitefield will get some flurries tonight.

Last observation for mount washington was"

Thunderstorm, rain, small hail, fog. Temp 36, wind WSW at 62 mph gusting to 70 mph. That's round one. Gonna be quite the evening in the mountains. Hopefully everyone gets off the high peaks.

A couple friends of mine were kayaking up on Elbow Pond today, and they said that the windstorm came in without warning. They missed all the thunder from earlier, but then were basically forced down the other end of the pond, and had a heck of a time paddling back to the boat launch area. On the way home, they saw many downed trees along Rt 118, and I guess parts of the route were blocked off. Lebanon gusted to 44 mph, so I don't see why that area didn't gust to the same amount, or maybe 50 mph.

The wind has completely died off in Leb..maybe we will get some frost on June 1st. We're already down to 37.

Yeah a good amount of frost this morning in Lebanon, even covering roofs. Lots of tree limbs and some trees down in Enfield too. Mount Washington posted a nice pic from up there.

Lafayette in the snow!

On the way to work this morning Lafayette was crowned with a beautiful cover of white, surrounded by the emerald green spring foliage! Of course, today I left the camera at home!!! :mad: Looks like it was from 5000 ft and up - nothing on Garfield or Cannon.

On the way home it was too dark to check the Presis, though I guess they had the same :)

On the way to work this morning Lafayette was crowned with a beautiful cover of white, surrounded by the emerald green spring foliage! Of course, today I left the camera at home!!! :mad: Looks like it was from 5000 ft and up - nothing on Garfield or Cannon.

On the way home it was too dark to check the Presis, though I guess they had the same :)

Mm, nice!

There was a lot of freezing fog at night, so a lot of that white is probably rime ice, especially since you couldnt really see it on Garfield or Cannon. The cloud line could have been just a little too high. Still, neat stuff!

grouseking

I saw fresh snow on the ground and branches,while climbing East Mt. (VT) yesterday, starting about 3200 feet. By the time I reached the summit is was almost gone.