Guess the waterfall

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouseking

Reaction score
Ok, it might be impossible, because I don't know the name of this waterfall either. But I took a trip to this really nice place this afternoon. It was a rough and narrow trail up to the falls. Here it is...I'd guess its a about a 30 foot drop.

Other pics along the way

If you have any guesses, let me know. I dont think it has to be a PM, since most people won't know how to get here anyways. Either way, I hope you like the pics!

grouseking

I give up! Can we have any more clues, like state or general area?

It sounds like an obscure one to me, like perhaps Waternomee Falls, Gordon Falls or something along those lines. Something barely known, but has has a trail.

looks alot like Beaver Brook falls up in Colebrook, but I would guess that'd be more than an afternoon jaunt for you...

How about the cascades on Nancy Brook? (Beaver Brook off the Moose was my first guess but Diamond Ridge got that one).

How about the cascades on Nancy Brook? (Beaver Brook off the Moose was my first guess but Diamond Ridge got that one).
This is what I thought. Here is the thing though, I've never been there, but the photos look like ones I've seen from someones trip report in that area. If that is true I definitely read to many darn reports.:)

OK since grouse won't give a hint, I will. It is in west central NH in a deep ravine, and is unknown to most. It is about 20-30 feet high and has a large cliff on the left side. The trail to get to it is about 1.5 long.

Last edited:
West of Cardigain. Near a large body of water. I don't think most have heard of it, but it is a very cool place. Go to google maps and use terrain to find a deep ravine, 200 feet deep or so.

OK, I'll play: Smith Pond Brook (southwest banks of Mascoma Lake) has a definite "step" at about 1500' where I'd expect a waterfall, and my topo shows a "4WD" road that might reach that spot. Nearby, Shaker Brook also has a narrow gorge and a trail, but not a distinct "step", and also climber's left side of Shaker Brook doesn't look as cliffy, so Smith Pond Brook is my top choice.

You impress me Nartreb, good mapping skills. Waterfall is almost unknown and the best I have seen south of the Whites in my opinion in NH. Grouse has pics that show it being bigger with the cliff, he should post them. I live on the trailhead to it, Smith and Half Mile ;)

Last edited: