A "Darn Tough" Weekend

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got sore just reading that fast-paced report. Awesome. Couldn't imagine doing it.

Btw, you need a new T-shirt.

The tall guy with the Swedish accent and the broken hand was Mats. Was he carrying a mini-keg of Heineken?

Went light this time.....did a grueling ascent of Pine Mountain on Saturday so I had to keep it light to keep up with the pressie traversers :D

Nice TR Steve and great pictures everyone. I'm so envious of you hardcore traversing hikers except when I enjoy second helpings of fine food!;) Seriously you guys ROCK and are a great inspiration too many, glad you enjoyed your weekend!:)

Glad you survived the Moose encounters Steve. I'd prefer the first sighting - on the trail!

Thanks everyone for a great day out on the Presi's!! Bit of a challenge for me due to some feet issues particularly on the last leg over to Pierce and then the final 3 miles out, but like Wu said it's a great feeling to complete! We couldn't have asked for better weather with gorgeous views from every summit. Taking Star Lake again this year and scrambling up the "chimney" is always a fun climb and tops out on Adams before you know it!

Kudos to the crew who continued partying over to Jackson, stumbling around in the woods, taking whatever trail, which just happened to go over Webster, ...very nice :D

Great job back to backers and pemi loopers!!

Dr. D - that's the idea....see the persons avatar prior to your post? Yea, I'm planning on trying the hut2hut with her in the near future. I figured this would be a great gauge to see how strong I am at this point - and you're right, the mileage and the elevation are about equivalent to what I did last weekend only in 24 hours with no sleep :eek:
Yeah, I'm hoping the jaunt up to 15,500 feet a week prior to this will make up for my lack of training. :p

Yeah, I'm hoping the jaunt up to 15,500 feet a week prior to this will make up for my lack of training. :p

I forgot ..you're going to be training :D....hmmm maybe you should carry a little extra weight!! I know just who's pack you could lighten!!!:rolleyes:

i just clicked on it and all the sudden a bunch of warning lights flashed on my work computer and there was something on the screen about inappropriate content. i have a meeting later with my manager. wonder what he wants to discuss.

Holy Crap!
That is a dayhike!!!
I wish I could do it, but with my slow-as a smail pace, it would take a week!!!
YOU GUYS ROCK

PS. We got to see toads doing it on the roadwalk back to the car!

Were they doing it froggy-style?

Steve if you really were still on Little Haystack when you called I would've been happy to bring you some beers.

Not Impressed...

Still waiting for photographic evidence of the first ever 'Kegi-Traverse.' Meaning keg stands on all the Presis in one fell swoop. Rules allow only one hell-per, preferrably a tall long-haired large footed fellow. Keg must be full on summits of Madison & Adams, may be gradually diminished/drained (in proper sporting manner only) thereafter. Empty keg must be 'ridden' final 50 yards of Crawford Path to Rt. 302 in lumberjack log-roller fashion. Only then will true mountain lore be written about these folks.:cool:

We're doing that hike right after "Bearly Live"
You've been volunteered for the keg roll :D

HawHawHaw BoomBoomBoomBoom

We're doing that hike right after "Bearly Live"
You've been volunteered for the keg roll :D
Is this my punishment for that 'accidental' wake up call to you at MH on your 'school night?':D

I'm definitely in as well.The rules should allow one "mulligan".
Of course, as well as the obligatory 'cave-assist,' and as previously stated there must be video recorded evidence for use in the United States court of YouTube with proper droning cheer sound effects. How else would it be done?

You are all ROCK STARS in my book!

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Way to get out there and rip up the miles!