Osseo trail question

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trainwreck

Reaction score
Is this trail dog friendly? I have never hiked it and I am aware that there is a section of ladders. Are they negotiable by a (big and lumbering) dog?
Thanks
sandy

If your dog has done stairs before, then it shouldn't have any problems. The fellow in my avatar has done them multiple times in both directions (and me too ...)

Here's what the stairs look like:

mtflumetrail-2007-0624a.jpg

I may have miss counted , but according to my notes there's 18 sections of stairs . They just seem to go on and on ! Yeah , when I was first up there in the winter I never saw any stairs either !
All in all , it's a very mellow trail ...

Dave

One of the most user friendly trails in the whites and great for running descents.

Where are the stairs in relation to the Flume summit? I'm thinking of bushwhacking off Osseo at about two miles from Flume, where it looks like it starts switchbacking and takes a major turn before heading more due south to Lincoln Woods. Would I miss most of the stairs that way?

Where are the stairs in relation to the Flume summit? I'm thinking of bushwhacking off Osseo at about two miles from Flume, where it looks like it starts switchbacking and takes a major turn before heading more due south to Lincoln Woods. Would I miss most of the stairs that way?

Gwynna, are you planning on using the old Osseo Trail?

The stairs start 3.2 miles from the wilderness trail and aprox.1 mile from the summit of Flume.