Lost back country skier sues SAR for taking too long

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But now what happens when NH charges people for SAR? That puts them in an awkward position because you are charging for a service. You're now liable for the quality of that service as if you were a private business. You will have to be inspected by the State, Feds n have evaluations n licensing.

Responce times will become an issue, lack of proper equipment n training to use that equipment, not enough responders, paid professionals instead of volunteers, MDs in the field, nursing, ambulace, planes, helicopters on standby 24/7/365... etc... etc ... etc.

Don't call a helo and you are holding back service. And never mind if I'm not prepared or dressed wrong, regardless if it's my fault or not... it's now your fault for not finding me in time after I push the 911 button on my SPOT. I pay out of my pocket for that service and you'd better deliver. It's not by tax funding anymore that you are bilking the system out of. Investigations, Court fees, liability insurance, lawyers for every move. Trails have to be properly marked n maps must be up to date or it was your fault I got lost in your park. No more oops I made a wrong turn... better have every marker counted n checked daily. Blow down hits me and I'll sue. ADA compliance? The laundry list goes on n on.

SO lets see more of this kind of law suit, lets see more people get charged by states like NH. Set that president and we are truely screwed!

Live free but pay through the nose.