Survival Game

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*******************DON'T READ BELOW IF YOU WANT TO TRY YOURSELF WITHOUT CHEATING*******************

V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V

I got all except Sun Protection and Insulation (Extra Clothing). Although I think I got Insulation in spirit because I typed in things like sleeping bag and jacket, and nothing came up. Also got two optional ones, communication and insect repellent.

At Paul Smith's, Freshman can come a few days early in the Fall for an orientation program that involves hiking, canoeing, fishing, biking, etc. The first night, we'd always do an activity that involved them trying to guess the 10 Essentials, and there were always a lot of disagreements. :)

Last edited:
I got 10 plus one optional because I listed a whistle which I always carry. I also carry insect repellent as well as sunscreen (in season) and listed both. The whistle came up as opt. for optional (communications) but after I entered DEET and I thought I tried "insect repellent" nothing came up for me. Maybe I spelled repellent wrong.

Gonna try it again make sure I spell repellent correctly. :D

Just spell checked. I guess repellent isn't spelled r-e-p-e-l-l-A-n-t :eek:

Neat little quiz.

edit: it spells insect repellent but you need to enter "bug spray"

And I agree. The 10 essentials is a pretty malleable list.

Keith

Last edited:
Got them all on the first go-round - plus an additional one for the whistle. Probably because my oldest little one did a project with HikeSafe as the centerpiece not too long ago :)

I was shocked at the very low percent that got all ten! I mean, I certainly didn't expect the majority to get all ten, but only 5.4%??? :confused:

Then again, every hike with DR's daughters starts out with naming the ten essentials and remembering what those things painted on trees are called (and what color they are for this hike - who can spot the first one?!). Plus generally a few other things thrown in, like stopping at junctions, etc. Makes the first mile or so fly by!