Devil's Path traverse 6.27.09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Satori,

Glad to hear you, Kmac and pedestrain finally finished. Thought of you guys as we reached the end. I was pretty glad to get out of my soggy shoes ASAP.

Swede,

Comparing the two, I felt the DP was easier than a pressie. I felt for me, the rock makes you take more of a pounding. My feet and body overall feel much more beaten up in the whites. I think the cushier surface on the devil's path helped alot. Though the downhill to 214 did a number on my sensitive knees far more than a pressie.

We came across three men backpacking the DP sometime around mid-morning. They were all wearing various headwear that had the same logo I'd never seen before. I asked them what it was and they said it was gearjunkie.com...and then they said something about sweat management. I joked that that had been a hot topic on this forum recently and that I'd pass on the word about their products. Just checked out the web site and see that in fact they are not purveyors of hats and buffs, but instead the main dude is a journalist who writes about the outdoors and tests gear.

We met The Gear Junkie! I have never seen his articles, but you may have.

http://gearjunkie.com/about

Nice report!

I recall the hardest part of that traverse for me was the climb up Westkill -- I was just so out of gas at that point, then we crossed paths with two backpackers hiking the opposite direction, and they were like "you are doing this whole trail as a dayhike!!!?" -- that gave me the much needed motivation to keep going, and I ended up practically running the last mile and a half!!!

Glad ya'all had such a great time, the Cats will always be "home" to me! :)