Dry River Crossings

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F-Face

Reaction score
Thinnking of doing a loop from 302 dry river trail, over Eisenhower, over Pierce, etc then back down the dry river trail. The $64,000 question is: will the river crossings be passable? Or, given the piles of rain, impossible?

thanks!

Well, we went up Isolation via the dry river trail. The bridge is indeed "out" as the sign says. The river was running pretty high. Originally, we had planned to go to Eisenhower -> Pierce, but skipped on that due to the river flow and the multiple crossings we would have had to make.

For those who may also be wondering about the current state of Dry River crossings...

I crossed Dry River on Sunday, 7/12, at the Dry River Cutoff (I'd come down the Isolation (West) trail from Mt. Isolation, was on my way to Crawford Notch). That crossing was rock-hoppable -- barely. I did it twice, however, in two different places, trying to convince my puppy to hop with me. But he was freaked out by the noise and the rushing flow; we wound up wading the river together.

Here's the Trail Conditions report:

http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31130