NE Kingdom Accommodations

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KRobi

Reaction score
Two questions about the NE Kingdom.
1. Are the area roads good for road bike riding (shoulders and fairly light traffic)?
2. Where would you stay if you wanted a nice, somewhat romantic type of accommodation.
Read the previous thread on what to do in the NE Kingdom and will take in some of those suggestions about mtn. biking and hiking.
Thanks for the help.

1. Yes, absolutely, excellent!

2. On Darling Hill Road, I suggest the Wildflower Inn OR the Inn at Mountain View Farm. Both are located within the Kingdom Trails system in the Lyndon-Burke area and have 360 degree views, including Burke Mtn., Willoughby Gap, etc. Both offer fine dining. (Also highly recommend the River Garden Cafe in East Burke Village.)

Two questions about the NE Kingdom.
1. Are the area roads good for road bike riding (shoulders and fairly light traffic)?
I would disagree with the previous replies, most roads have light traffic but only the major roads have striped paved shoulders of a width for biking

The Wildflower Inn is georgeous.
Kingdom Trails are right out the door.
We also like the Craftsbury Inn. Chef owned. Beautiful garden, great wine and glorious food.
I don't recall that the shoulders of the roads are ample, however, the area is loaded with bike riders and the motorists are very accomodating.
Definately spend time at Lake Willoboughy. The views are wonderful.
One of the beaches is clothing optional.
Have fun.