may be sticking a fork in Crocs

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew that something was up when our local job lot store starting selling real Crocs for $10 and lower, and never runs out of them.

As the economy boomed, Crocs became a huge seller. But now cash-strapped consumers have decided they don't need a second pair.

A second pair? Heehee! I have five very well-worn pairs: dark green, medium green, pink, orange, and silver Mary Janes. :D Of course, here in Southern CA, they can be worn outside year round.

They've been on their way "out" style-wise for some time now. Good thing I'm no slave to fashion. :D:rolleyes::p

Am I the only person who doesn't own a pair? Did I contribute to the demise?

I use my kayaking shoes as water shoes...

Jay

I bought mine way back BEFORE the fashion craze, when the only place to get them was online through a medical supply company, and they were known as "Comfort Clogs". And yes, they're still in fine shape and with a backup pair on the shelf I may never need to buy another pair. Such durability does not do well for selling more product, unfortunately.

I bought mine way back BEFORE the fashion craze, when the only place to get them was online through a medical supply company, and they were known as "Comfort Clogs". And yes, they're still in fine shape and with a backup pair on the shelf I may never need to buy another pair. Such durability does not do well for selling more product, unfortunately.
I'm thinking you might have gotten Waldies, which were out before Crocs and are still available at their website.

Side note: A doctor-friend of mine also said the ones supplied to medical professionals can withstand the autoclave which is why they were/are so popular in the medical setting - Easy to clean.

I don't own any Crocs, but my wife and kids have about 3 pairs each of the knock-off brand that can be had at Wal-mart or Ocean state for about $5 each. I have a pair of Salomon water shoes for river crossings that I bought on a clearance at EMS for $21.

I used to not wear them b/c I felt I looked like a pussy. But, then someone (Mad Townie I think) told me how good they were for camping and more importantly backpacking - lightweight, dry real fast - actually they don't even really get "wet" - I bought a pair cheap and never looked back

pro's
-really nice to leave in tent when camping for the 3am tinkle- easy to get on and off when half-cocked or alseep...
-good for river crossings
-much lighter than any sandals I have seen and thats always good on backpacks
-great all around camp shoe

cons
not very masculine - but hey whatever... I am pretty comfy with my image

I love em!

I used to not wear them b/c I felt I looked like a pussy. But, then someone (Mad Townie I think) told me how good they were for camping and more importantly backpacking - lightweight, dry real fast - actually they don't even really get "wet" - I bought a pair cheap and never looked back

pro's
-really nice to leave in tent when camping for the 3am tinkle- easy to get on and off when half-cocked or alseep...
-good for river crossings
-much lighter than any sandals I have seen and thats always good on backpacks
-great all around camp shoe

cons
not very masculine - but hey whatever... I am pretty comfy with my image

I love em!

cmon! they are not that much lighter than water shoes or sandals.
very rarely do i care what i look like, but those things are just silly looking.

Am I the only person who doesn't own a pair?

Hellz no!

I have steadfastly refused to jump on the Crocs bandwagon, much to the chagrin of SWMBO and the kids, all of whom have Crocs and give me all sorts of grief about not being "cool" and wearing Crocs. (To which I respond with a hearty "Harumph!")

I find my Teva sandals work just fine and look better (IMO). I also just picked up a pair of Keen sandals/mocs to use as descent shoes, since their closed toes will give my piggies a little more protection than the Tevas do. Fortunately, I got them on wicked discount on SAC -- otherwise, Keens are stoopid expensive! :eek: