Oops, Cascade Lodge (North Woodstock) closed!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papa Bear

Reaction score
As you know I am going up to do some hiking this coming week and I was planning on staying in North Woodstock at the Cascade Lodge. Well, I just called and they're closed.

Any suggestions for someplace fairly cheap either in the North Woodstock/Lincoln area, or the north end of the notch in Franconia? My Boston bus stops in Lincoln and Franconia so I am more or less tied to those places.

From the Lincoln area I can use the Hikers Shuttle Connection. Any similar service (or just local taxis?) in the Franconia area?

Thanks
Pb

OK, Here's Plan B.

The cost of a real motel, plus the Hiker Shuttle, plus the bus from Boston would be more than just renting a car and going up the day I start hiking.

So here's some questions:

How long would it take to drive from Framingham near the Mass Pike, over to 128, up 93 and over to the Zealand Road trailhead off of 302 on a Tuesday morning (I don't mind leaving real early)?

(Edit) should I take I-93 the whole way, or use Rte 3 through Lowell and Nashua (Middlesex and Everett turnpikes)?

Is there parking on the Zealand Road near where the Hale Brook Trail comes out?

The AMC shuttle schedule says it stops at the "Zealand Road Trailhead". Where exactly do they stop (yes, I will try to call them)? Is it at the end of the road where the Zealand Trail comes out?

I will also post these questions on the AMC boards, so just answer here if you see it there also.

Thanks
Pb

Last edited: