Berries 2009

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The low bush berries in my yard in Peterborough are ripe now. The low bush berries on Temple Mtn. are just about there, but not quite(as of yesterday). The medium height bush berries on South Pack are just begining to turn blue(as of Monday). I haven't been up to Pitcher or Hubbard Hill yet this year, but would guess that they are probably not at peak yet.

I'll post when I know more.

Great year for raspberries in all varieties, red, black and golden. They are in full swing right now. Blackberries are coming and it looks like another bumper crop like last year. All the cool, rainy weather I guess.

Blueberries are ripe in So. NH, the other day I had a 4-berry walk! :)

Lots of low bush blueberries at Blue Job Mt. in Strafford right now. I'm not sure if its peak or not but I've picked up several quarts over the past few weeks.

I think that the bushes on N. Pack get more sun exposure, but I haven't been up in over a month. Maybe this weekend?

I can go up the Wapack on S. Pack and run down the auto road during my lunch break, N. Pack takes a little longer.

BFFT(Blues From The Top) N. Pack

The BFFT report for N. Pack is 40-50% blue at the 1st set of ledges on the Wapack, and 25% at best on the top. There are some ripe berries, but a lot more that aren't. The trail is also just a little muddy, can't imagine why:rolleyes:.

Berrys, but no bears

Mount Watatic (MA has awesome blues at the summit.

Yesterday the Blueberries on the Blueberry Ledge Trail on Whiteface were abundant and decent, but the Raspberries were yummier. No bears though:(

Belknap Blueberries...

Without giving it *all* away, the blueberries in the Belknaps are out in full force right now... for those that get beyond Mount Major, you know what I mean.

And man, does a nice Hubbard rake make you more efficient (though cleaning out the twigs, leaves, and underripe berries can be time consuming...)

Avery Hill also has a nice crop at the moment...

Feel free to PM me for more info....

Mike

Monadnock Blueberries

The blueberries on the Cascade Link Trail on the ledges below the Pumpelly Trail are abundant, ripe and delicious!!! The views weren't too bad either!

Anyone been up to Pitcher Mountain in Stoddard, NH recently? Have I missed the harvest or are there still berries left up there?
Cheers!
-ct

truepatriot09, I was picking blues at Pitcher on Wednesday. Got 6 pints in about an hour. You need to get away from the parking area, and walk to just before it starts to drop off. It is definately past prime but you can still find good clusters on bushes hidden from the main paths.