Poke-a-moonshine 8-8-09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viewseeker

Reaction score
Wanted to K.I.S.S, so myself and danielle headed just up the road from the BBQ to find poke-a-moonshine, or is it poke-e--moonshine?? ill look later... great sunny morning proved to give us long lasting views of the area. In the lot I noticed one VFTT sticker, whom could it be from quebec???? Register names i didnt reconize...so off we went and not long i got the , Dad...I gotta go #2...oh boy...why not 5 minutes ago...:rolleyes: ...Duty done, back on the trail and head up which this is a good steady climb with wet flat rocks,loose rocks and roots. Soon we would run into 4 people hanging out chatting near a large tall flat rock. As we pass by one guy noticed my CL-50 patch...He asks,Are you rob(viewseeker) by chance....UMmmmmmm...ya .. Turns out to be PA Ridgerunner and muddy bottom, which by my keen eye was not muddy..Hmmmmmmmmmmm, it was early in the outing maybe she hasent lived up to her name yet...:p.. The others turns out to be Funkyfreddy and Gail who where on there way down from a midnight romantic night under the fire tower blessed by a clear sky sunrise.. Chit chatted awhile and heard some stories from Bearly alive, some for young ears and some just Not, i think the name Unfrozencaveman was mentioned. After parting Danielle and I stuck with Pa and MB in which Danielle was the number finder as to the guide pack and Pa would then tell us this wonderful tail of the Mountains secrets..We played this game to the top somehow missing number ten which was where we all where looking at our feet in the steep section. Reaching the summit there where some others there along with the steward. This is both our first Firetower. View from atop where endless to the whites, into canada and a few adk high peaks even peaked out like Gothics and Nippletop i think. Spent some time taking in the views and berry picking..Danielle could have eating them all..but we left some for others. Such a nice day and finally make our decent as there are in PaRuidgerunners car "trunk Pops".. We got back to the campground where danielle enjoyed the swimming pool at a toasty 65 degrees i think and cold beverages for myself with a small nap in the chair at the pool in the warm sun.. Great to have meet Pa, MB, FF and gail out and about..We all enjoyed another wonderful day in the ADKS....

What a great way to spend time with your daughter. GREAT JOB DANIELLE!!!!! :cool:

You and Danielle have climbed one that I've never done! Poke o-M is still on my list. Great to meet you!

Had a great time with with you two, Rob! Nice to meet Gail and Freddy on the trail too.

thanks to all , don't think it could have been better other than maybe a larger fire..;)...Our first time meeting so many great, fun and happy people that just all click on the Mtns....Cant wait to meet even more people at magic...maybe Jay can make sure we have a real fire this time, LOL. :D :eek: