NH 48 Direttissima North to South 8/13 - 8/23

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, got drenched today when down by Little River. We are safe and sound in Galehead Hut for the night:) We hope to make it to Lafayette Place tomorrow. Don't have a reservation but hope to wing it somehow. Doubt we will there before 8 pm. Can anyone help to get MEBs car from The Kanc. Feet are the biggest issue....right pinkie looks like an alien.....toe next to is fleshy......four blisters.....feet taped in seven places....advil rocks! Did 23.6 miles today. It's good to have MEB here. Shake and Bake! 10 to go....hoping for better weather tomorrow :)

MtnPa, Abster and I headed up Liberty Springs Trail today looking for our Shaker and Baker--no success. Pa went as far as Lincoln but didn't see them.

Now I see on the tracker that they were (or at least Matts's iPhone was) ascending Flume around 7:30 p.m. . . . from the Lincoln Woods side! :confused:

No idea what's going on, but it looks as if they're OK.

Hope you two are fine.

MtnPa, Abster and I headed up Liberty Springs Trail today looking for our Shaker and Baker--no success. Pa went as far as Lincoln but didn't see them.

Now I see on the tracker that they were (or at least Matts's iPhone was) ascending Flume around 7:30 p.m. . . . from the Lincoln Woods side! :confused:

No idea what's going on, but it looks as if they're OK.

Hope you two are fine.
Probably hit Owl's Head and now have to do Flume. He may have bushwhacked up too -- I believe he's done this route a few times before.

-Dr. Wu

Entered Lafayette Campground 2:45am this morning and it was painful getting down Old Bridle Path. The feet gave up on me so I decided to skip the last four peaks. Not worth risking infections and injuries so I just had a wicked awesome breakfast with MEB, Giggy, Cath Goodwin, Juniper, Leaf and her brother, Mookie and Leaf here in Lincoln.

Life is good :)

Wow, great work! What a trip.

Oh, and sorry about drinking your beers yesterday, but you guys just weren't in the right place at the right time. :D

Entered Lafayette Campground 2:45am this morning and it was painful getting down Old Bridle Path. The feet gave up on me so I decided to skip the last four peaks. Not worth risking infections and injuries so I just had a wicked awesome breakfast with MEB, Giggy, Cath Goodwin, Juniper, Leaf and her brother, Mookie and Leaf here in Lincoln.

Life is good :)

Good job using your head. Congrats.

Incredible!

Super effort you two! I've been following closely all week. Very intense what you guys did! Wicked, unkind weather. Humidity awful!

You deserve a break! Heal well!

KDT

sweet, i was there twice! :D

Well, I was only there once (but ate for two, as usual!)...

Good to see you guys this morning. Right decision, Mats. Hope your flip-flop shopping was successful...those tootsies looked mighty painful!

as mats told me after mt blanc - bailing is never the wrong call - I saw the toe this am....and it was the right thing to stop and get it right to get back out soon.. To be able to backpack for a few days is always a success. :D

nice to see the shake and bake or quake or blake or cupcake this am..

was hoping to see you guys yesterday, but the timing didn't work out, you were long gone from galehead when we got there...

said it before - I was impressed by the weight and the miles together.. really cool stuff.. memories of a lifetime.

Last edited:
yup-glad we saw his little piggies pre-breakfast and not post breakfast! :D

dont really know how you could do that with all that weight. my back was a little sore yesterday just from one day with only a few pounds.

AWESOME work guys ! You got 44 out of 44 and made great decisions. Hope the feet heal well and quickly. Now someone should manufacture some "Aim Strong" or "Shake and Bake" bracelets in your honor !

You never cease to amaze. The fact is you consistantly raise the bar with your seriously difficult endeavors.