Man Calls Helicopter for Injured Thumb

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the U-L reader comments for this story had the right idea - "SOme people just shouldn't go into the woods, others, perhaps, should be left there."

They should have just asked him if he was willing to pay the costs for the helicopter. That would have ended the call real fast. What a dope.

I ran out of Gatorade a few weeks ago on the Caps Ridge Trail. I thought about callling for a helicopter to restock me, but decided that maybe I could make it back down without it.

It was a close one, for sure.

Y'know, the funny thing is that if you read the FTFC rules, you'll see that if you gain the summit of a 4000'er and need a helicopter evacuation on the way down, the summit still counts against the list. Check out the rules here

Ah come on give this guy some credit.Think about it...if one of your thumbs is so injured you can't hike it's gotta be pretty tough to hold and dial a cell phone.:rolleyes:

I ran out of Gatorade a few weeks ago on the Caps Ridge Trail. I thought about calling for a helicopter to restock me, but decided that maybe I could make it back down without it.

It was a close one, for sure.

Whoa - sooo glad to hear you're OK - must have been an emotional ride home after that. :rolleyes:

They should have just asked him if he was willing to pay the costs for the helicopter. That would have ended the call real fast. What a dope.

This seems like the most appropriate response. They could probably even make a little money from it to off set their budget shortfall

So, I guess I wasn't out of line when told my BF I wanted a helicopter rescue when I broke a nail on Clay this morning...

I remember a few years back when this guy fell, broke his ankle on Sawteeth, hiked down the Scenic Trail and all the way out... On a BROKEN ANKLE!... His girlfriend called him a weenie-boy.