Who goes around (without a compass), comes around

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good article, I came to their conclusion about half wait thru it, but then again the easiest way is to take the compass.

I did send it on to my son who's a Boy Scout leader and about to take a group out most for the first time.

thanks for posting it

sweeper

Used to think I had a good sense of direction. Then came last weekend in Vermont and I was all twisted around. Thankful for my group's good sense, glad I kept my mouth shut or I'd have been pretty embarrassed. :eek:

I guess if you like loop hikes this is a good thing:D

Bushwack out and eventually you will naturally loop back to where you started....and we've been spending all of this money and compasses and GPS.

Without a detailed map and directions, this happens to me even when the sun is out! :D I enjoy teaching kids how to use a map and compass and I am very successful with this, but on my own, I can't find my way to my car coming out of the grocery store. :eek: Seriously. I am the most directionally-challenged person ever.