NY 2000 Highest?‏

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoySwkr

Reaction score
Tired of doing only the 50 or 100 highest and want a real challenge? In a surprise move, Lists of John has skipped over the rest of the west and midwest and published a list of all peaks in NY with 300' cols:
http://listsofjohn.com/NewYork/NYMain.html

LOJ traditionally posts lists as they are made and relies on users for checking so there will undoubtedly be errors found, however they also correct errors promptly when reported.

There are 2 kinds of peaks on this list. Those with 300' cols have a number in the Rank column reflecting their height order and are called ranked peaks, they are the only ones that seem to show up if you just view the peak lists. If you log in and ask to update your completion list, it will also display some other named peaks and county highpoints. The interface has other foibles and the only real help is to e-mail the webmaster which usually gets a prompt response.

Note that the list presently includes only 1995 ranked peaks, but with all due respect to Mr. Kirk it is easy to make errors of omission and even with an error rate of under 1% there are probably a few more peaks out there :)

list

Roy thanks for postin that .Talk about lists,I think I could spend hrs checkin those out from just what I've checked out already.:)

Not sure how many people have used this list for hiking but few folks from around here use it to log their peaks, I'm still #1 in NY with 79 ranked peaks way ahead of some impostor called Peakbagr, and #3 is Bob Packard from AZ:
New York Ranked Summits:
Name Has Completed:
RoySwkr 79 Summits
Peakbagr 54 Summits
BobPackard 43 Summits
EBlumberg 38 Summits
BeccaB2012 23 Summits
http://listsofjohn.com/NewYork/CountySummits/CSIndex.php

Note that his site also has categories like lowest average elevation of peaks climbed and most peaks climbed more than once that some folks here should be good at :)

If anybody has the Adk46 list or the Catskill 100 list online, please forward them to John so he can add the missing peaks

He is also looking for a photo of every peak on his site :)

Lists of John

I just started playing this particular game; my screen name there is Sue J :D My documentation is incomplete -- hey, it's kinda hard to track down all those dates!! -- but it's a lot of fun so far.

Roy, any idea why he includes NY but not NH? Just wonderin'...

My documentation is incomplete -- hey, it's kinda hard to track down all those dates!! -- but it's a lot of fun so far.

You can enter peaks without dates using a ?? field

Roy, any idea why he includes NY but not NH? Just wonderin'...

I don't know, personally I'm pleased that he did NY first as I have
pretty good NH info already :)

Next up is ME (now that detour to SD/TX is complete) where John is amazed
how peak numbers compare to large counties out West, soon bb1 can dazzle
us all with his p1k numbers

Only members can access this, why not e-mail the content to him?

Thanks for the heads-up, Roy.
It's been a fun few hours pawing through my notebook for entries to post on the site.
With those zero-ers and 1-ers on the lists, it'd be easy to inflate statistics in a hurry!

You may lneed to include the Empire State Bldg on that list.